By Mark Vessey
- Discusses the existence and works of Augustine inside their complete ancient context, instead of privileging the theological context
- Presents Augustine’s lifestyles, works and top principles within the cultural context of the overdue Roman global, supplying a colourful and interesting experience of Augustine in motion in his personal time and position
- Opens up a brand new part of analysis on Augustine, delicate to the various and sundry views of scholarship on past due Roman tradition
- State-of-the-art essays by way of top lecturers during this field
Read or Download A Companion to Augustine PDF
Best church history books
Even if Jesus used to be fairly the Son of God or now not is a imperative query for Christians—and person who has provoked heated debate because the time of Jesus' beginning. Dean L. Overman examines the earliest Christian documents to construct a compelling case for the divinity of Jesus. Addressing questions raised by means of books resembling Bart Ehrman's Misquoting Jesus and Elaine Pagels' The Gnostic Gospels, Overman builds a gently reasoned case for Jesus actually being the Son of God.
Disciple-making will be intimidating. it's possible you'll imagine that somebody who makes disciples should be a instructor, a missionary, or an individual who's seminary educated. wouldn't it shock you to understand that disciple-making is simply a life-style within which you provide humans love, convenience, and encouragement the place they stay, paintings, and play?
Worry is a typical a part of our lives. a few of us are petrified of heights, or medical professionals, or canine. those fears we deal with. yet there are larger fears to boot - worry of failure, worry of rejection, loneliness, demise, and extra. those fears can cripple us in our lives and ship us to a panic room of the brain; a spot of perceived defense.
There are over 40,000 church buildings and chapels within the uk. The earliest have been equipped through the 1st Anglo-Saxon Christians and approximately 10,000 have been outfitted ahead of the Reformation within the 16th century. This fantastically illustrated e-book beneficial properties photographic pictures and outlines of 26 English church buildings and chapels: old and glossy, huge and small, city and rural.
- John Calvin and Roman Catholicism: Critique and Engagement, Then and Now
- Mapping Christian Rhetorics: Connecting Conversations, Charting New Territories (Routledge Studies in Rhetoric and Communication)
- Deaf Ministry: Ministry Models for Expanding the Kingdom of God
- Light in the Dark Belt
- How to Get Kicked Out of Church: A Survival Guide
- Legacy of Faith Collection: Marilyn Hickey
Additional info for A Companion to Augustine
A Companion to Augustine by Mark Vessey