By Greg W. Zacharias
- Provides a necessary, up to date connection with the paintings and scholarship of Henry James
- Features the writing of a variety of James scholars
- Places James’s writings inside of nationwide contexts—American, English, French, and Italian
- Offers either an outline of up to date James scholarship and a innovative source for learning very important person topics
Read or Download A Companion to Henry James (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
Scandinavian girls Writers offers brief tales written via the major girls writers of the final century. Their tales care for the standard difficulties of Scandinavian girls together with women's dependency on her husband, hypocrisy of the church, the women's suffrage circulate, occupation and kin, marriage difficulties, unwed motherhood, and divorce.
Realist imaginative and prescient explores the declare to symbolize the realm as it's. ” Peter Brooks takes a brand new examine the realist culture and its excessive curiosity within the visible. Discussing significant English and French novels and work from the 19th and 20th centuries, Brooks offers a full of life and perceptive view of the realist venture.
This quantity of specially-commissioned essays offers available introductions to all points of George Eliot's writing by means of the most distinct new and verified students and critics of Victorian literature. The essays are accomplished, scholarly and lucidly written, and while provide unique insights into the paintings of 1 of an important Victorian novelists, and into her advanced and sometimes scandalous profession.
Emily Dickinson's poem, 'This is my letter to the area/ That by no means wrote to Me --', opens the creation, which specializes in the near-anonymity of nineteenth-century ladies novelists. shut readings of works by means of 5 British novelists—Jane Austen, Charlotte and Emily Brontë, Elizabeth Gaskell, and George Eliot—offer persuasive debts of the ways that ladies used stealth strategies to outmaneuver their detractors.
- Whitman among the Bohemians (Iowa Whitman Series)
- The Cambridge Companion to Willa Cather (Cambridge Companions to Literature)
- Italian Crime Fiction (European Crime Fictions)
- James Joyce in the Nineteenth Century
- Intermediality and Storytelling (Narratologia)
- Making Subject(s): Literature and the Emergence of National Identity (Comparative Literature and Cultural Studies)
Extra info for A Companion to Henry James (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to Henry James (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Greg W. Zacharias