By William Stillwell
An creation to organic Membranes: From Bilayers to Rafts covers many points of membrane structure/function that bridges membrane biophysics and cellphone biology. providing cohesive, foundational details, this book is effective for complex undergraduate scholars, graduate scholars and membranologists who search a wide evaluation of membrane science.
- Brings jointly varied elements of membrane learn in a universally comprehensible manner
- Emphasis at the historic improvement of the field
- Topics include membrane sugars, membrane types, membrane isolation tools, and membrane shipping.
Read Online or Download An Introduction to Biological Membranes: From Bilayers to Rafts PDF
Best biophysics books
This 2006 publication offers a whole spectrum of perspectives on present methods to modeling mobile mechanics. The authors come from the biophysics, bioengineering and actual chemistry groups and every joins the dialogue with a different point of view on organic structures. hence, the ways diversity from finite point equipment usual in continuum mechanics to versions of the cytoskeleton as a cross-linked polymer community to types of glassy fabrics and gels.
This hugely illustrated publication presents an up to date description of the constitution and serve as of the interpretation method together with ribosomes, tRNAs, translation components, antibiotics and aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases. examine on translation is present process swift alterations and is receiving major recognition as evidenced via the Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2009.
This e-book offers an creation to actual chemistry that's directed towards purposes to the organic sciences. complicated arithmetic isn't required. This ebook can be utilized for both a one semester or semester path, and as a reference quantity by means of scholars and college within the organic sciences.
Advent to organic Membranes: Composition, constitution and serve as, moment version is a tremendously extended revision of the 1st variation that integrates many points of advanced organic membrane capabilities with their composition and constitution. A unmarried membrane consists of 1000's of proteins and millions of lipids, all in consistent flux.
- Emergent Collective Properties, Networks and Information in Biology (New Comprehensive Biochemistry)
- Physik für Biologen: Die physikalischen Grundlagen der Biophysik und anderer Naturwissenschaften (Springer-Lehrbuch) (German Edition)
- BIOMAT 2013 :Proceedings of the International Symposium on Mathematical and Computational Biology
- Applied Biophysics for Drug Discovery
Additional info for An Introduction to Biological Membranes: From Bilayers to Rafts
An Introduction to Biological Membranes: From Bilayers to Rafts by William Stillwell