By Marilyn Corrie
- An obtainable source that examines contexts necessary to knowing and reading writing of the center English period
- Chapters discover the uniqueness of heart English literature
- Brings jointly dialogue and research via a world crew of heart English experts, incorporating clean fabric and new insights
- Includes research of Chaucer's writings, and considers them on the subject of the paintings of his heart English predecessors, contemporaries and successors
- Incorporates dialogue of matters guidance the notion of center English literature within the current day
Read or Download A Concise Companion to Middle English Literature (Concise Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
Scandinavian ladies Writers provides brief tales written through the prime girls writers of the final century. Their tales care for the typical difficulties of Scandinavian girls together with women's dependency on her husband, hypocrisy of the church, the women's suffrage circulation, occupation and relatives, marriage difficulties, unwed motherhood, and divorce.
Realist imaginative and prescient explores the declare to symbolize the area as it's. ” Peter Brooks takes a brand new examine the realist culture and its severe curiosity within the visible. Discussing significant English and French novels and work from the 19th and 20th centuries, Brooks offers a full of life and perceptive view of the realist venture.
This quantity of specially-commissioned essays offers obtainable introductions to all elements of George Eliot's writing through the most distinctive new and proven students and critics of Victorian literature. The essays are accomplished, scholarly and lucidly written, and even as provide unique insights into the paintings of 1 of crucial Victorian novelists, and into her complicated and sometimes scandalous occupation.
Emily Dickinson's poem, 'This is my letter to the realm/ That by no means wrote to Me --', opens the creation, which specializes in the near-anonymity of nineteenth-century ladies novelists. shut readings of works by way of 5 British novelists—Jane Austen, Charlotte and Emily Brontë, Elizabeth Gaskell, and George Eliot—offer persuasive bills of the ways that ladies used stealth strategies to outmaneuver their detractors.
- Durs Grünbein (Companions to Contemporary German Culture)
- Unreliable Narration and Trustworthiness: Intermedial and Interdisciplinary Perspectives (Narratologia)
- A Study of Settings Appearing in "Young Goodman Brown" by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- Francophone African Poetry and Drama: A Cultural History Since the 1960s
- The Pusher and the Sufferer: An Unsentimental Reading of "Moby Dick" (Studies in Major Literary Authors)
Extra resources for A Concise Companion to Middle English Literature (Concise Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Concise Companion to Middle English Literature (Concise Companions to Literature and Culture) by Marilyn Corrie